Registration & Course Planning


If you reside in our catchment area, we are now ONLINE!  Register your child on-line via school engage here if you live within our attendance area. If you do not reside in our catchment area see Out of Attendance Application below.

Additional information required with the above to register at Cochrane High School:

  • Proof of the child’s age and legal name. Documents accepted are: birth certificate, adoption certificate, or student authorization visa, parent/guardian work visa,  Canadian citizenship papers, or permanent landed immigrant/residence documentation
  • All students must provide proof of residence. Documents accepted are: bill of sale, lease/rental agreement or residential property tax assessment accompanied by a current utility bill in family name.
  • Copy of most recent report card
  • Copy of custody agreement if applicable
  • Copy of IPP (Individualized Program Plan) if one exists
  • Letter of Rationale from parent or student (Out of Area Applicants Only)

New RVS Families: To register a child in Grades 1-12 who has never attended RVS, please create a new SchoolEngage account.

Current RVS Families: To register a new student in your family, login to the PowerSchool Parent Portal and access SchoolEngage on the left-hand menu.

After Registration

Expect to receive an email from the school a few days after your child has been registered notifying you if they have been approved.

Transferring Schools

If your family has students currently attending RVS, but you have moved and your children need to transfer to their new designated school, please email both schools to request a transfer. You will need to provide your new address, as well as proof of residence and the start date.

Out-of-Area Application

RVS parents who would like to enrol their child at a school other than their designated school must complete Administrative Form 305-A – Out of Attendance Area Application and submit it to their designated school.


After completing your school registration, you may complete the Bus Registration form located in SchoolEngage just below the registration form. Visit Busing & Transportation for more information.

Course Selection & Forms

Document Actions
Filed under:
School Cash Online

School Cash

AP152 – Dispute Resolution

Pay School Fees Here
Late Bus Alerts